No matter the season, we’re always in the mood for guacamole. Rich in healthy fat, zest and plenty of salt, guacamole is one of our favorite healthy snacks that's easy to whip up at home.
Guacamole looks good, tastes good and is actually good for you! Avocados are naturally alkaline, keeping your body’s pH in check while you indulge. Plus they support healthy cholesterol levels, eye and heart health. The added plant-based ingredients are also packed with nutrients that support a healthy body and a flavor packed bite. So whether you’re dipping chips in it, adding to your tacos or pairing with crudités, guacamole is chock full of beneficial nutrients. Here’s our recipe for a 7 ingredient, crowd-pleasing guac.
- ½ of a red onion diced
- 1 small tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or more)
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped cilantro (stems removed)
- 1 clove of garlic grated
- 2-3 ripe hass avocados
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the onion, tomato, salt, garlic and cilantro. Stir and slightly mash to combine.
- Cut avocados lengthwise and remove the pits and skins. Scoop the avocado into the bowl and mash together with ingredients from step 1.
- Add in the lime juice and gently fold together. Taste and season with more salt as needed. Serve fresh with tortilla chips and chopped vegetables.