Our body weight is made up of about 60% water. Water is present in all of our cells, tissues, and organs, it is used for carrying out regular body functions and balancing the temperature of the body. Besides using water for various functions, the body also loses water in processes such as digestion, breathing and sweating.
Water is of the utmost importance to the body. To recover the loss of water needed for the body to function properly, we need to drink a lot of water and stay hydrated. It is recommended that you drink a lot of water every day to fulfill your body’s requirements. The requirements for your daily water intake can depend on various factors - including your climate, your physical activities and your body's overall health. On average, it is advised to drink 8-10 glasses of water every day.
By keeping ourselves hydrated, we don’t only assist our body’s functions, but we also take a big leap towards optimum health. Drinking plenty of water improves your performance during any physical activity and even results in better cognitive function. But despite being well aware of all the benefits of water, we all still do not drink as much water as we should.
Drinking plain water isn’t everyone’s favorite idea, but that should not be a reason to stop you from doing it. There are many options when it comes to drinking water and alkaline water is one of them. Now, you might be wondering - what exactly is Alkaline Water? Let’s learn a bit more about it.
What is Alkaline Water?
Alkaline Water has a higher pH balance than regular drinking water. Simply put, when something has a pH balance of more than 7, it is termed to be alkaline in nature. On the other hand, a pH balance of less than 7 is acidic. Pure or filtered water has a pH balance of exactly 7, which makes it neutral, i.e. neither acidic nor alkaline.
Our stomach is extremely acidic, which is essential for the process of digestion. However, most of the foods we consume are highly acidic, which disrupts the natural balance of the body and causes multiple problems. This is where alkaline water comes into play.
Alkaline water usually has a pH balance of 9 or higher. It is considered to be one of the best alternatives for regular drinking water since it ultra-hydrates your body. It tastes a bit crispier and refreshing than regular water and has multiple benefits - making you want to drink more of it - unlike regular tap water.
What are the Benefits of Alkaline Water?
Alkaline Water is believed to have various additional benefits, which regular tap water does not possess. The molecules of alkaline water are smaller in size compared to regular water. As such, it hydrates the body faster and keeps you refreshed and energized for longer periods of time.
Additionally, alkaline water is regarded for fighting conditions such as heartburn, acid reflux and similar gastrointestinal issues. It is also acclaimed for improving the complexion of the skin, reducing headaches, aiding in losing body weight, assisting in fighting fatigue and keeping you fresh and healthy for longer.
Alkaline water is also known for detoxifying the body. Its alkalinity neutralizes the effects of acidic waste aka toxins in the body and it helps in flushing them out of the system. There are further claims made about alkaline water's ability to increase your life span and even fight against various chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
Research is ongoing and the studies conducted till now have shown positive results. Although further research and studies are required on the topic, the early signs are great and only point towards the fact that alkaline water is a great remedy for the body, just like the alkaline diet.
How to get Alkaline Water?
Alkaline water is easily available in various forms. It comes as bottled water and can be bought from any supermarket or store. Besides this, there are special alkalizing machines, just like your water purifier, which can give you alkaline water anytime you wish.
Another way of getting alkaline water is through alkaline creating water bottles, such as the DYLN Bottle. This bottle comes with VitaBeads, which are stored inside of a Diffuser. Once you store water in these bottles, the VitaBeads make the water alkaline and antioxidant. Wait for 15-20 minutes for best results, and then you can drink it at any time you want. It is a great way to alkalize your purified water and keep drinking it throughout the day.
You may be surprised to learn that you can make alkaline water by yourself at home! Let’s find out how.
How to Make Alkaline Water?
You can make alkaline water at any time, all by yourself. You do not need many ingredients and won’t have to spend much either to make alkaline water. Here are some of the easiest ways to go about it.
Using Lemon and Salt
To make your alkaline water, you will need the following ingredients:
- Water (1 Litre), Lemon (1), Sea Salt, or Himalayan Pink Salt (1 1/8 Tablespoon)
- If you need to alkalize large quantities of water, you will have to increase the amount of the other ingredients accordingly as well.
- To alkalize the water, take a pitcher and pour the water in it. Follow along by cutting the lemon in half and adding its juice to the pitcher. Lastly, add the sea salt or the Himalayan pink salt to the mixture. Mix it properly, and allow it to sit for approximately 8 to 9 hours.
- The water will be alkalized, as its pH level will increase. You can now drink it throughout the day and reap the benefits.
Using Baking Soda
- Baking soda is an amazing staple that has multiple benefits. You can even make alkaline water at any time using it.
- All you need is a half teaspoon of baking soda and a gallon of water.
- Pour the baking soda into the water and mix it well. Let it sit as it is for a few minutes and the water will get alkalized.
- You can now drink it anytime you want with its crispy taste and multiple health benefits.
Using pH strips or Drops
- The pH strips and drops are easily available in the market for very cheap rates. These strips and drops are made up of purified water as well as alkaline minerals, including potassium, sodium, and magnesium.
- To alkalize your water using these, all you need to do is pour a few drops in a liter of water.
- Keep it as it is for some time and mix it well thereafter. The pH level of the water will increase as the alkaline minerals dissolve in it.
- Your alkaline water will be ready and you can drink it anytime you want.
Using an Ionizer
- Ionizer refers to a machine that uses the process of electrolysis of water for separating the acidic and the alkaline components in normal water. There are separate faucets and hoses for each type of water.
- The ionizer, which includes electrodes for ionizing the water, is usually the size of a toaster and is available in various price ranges.
- Although it can be a bit costly at first, it can provide you the best quality alkalized water whenever you want. As a result, it can be a great investment for your health.
Using an Ionized Water Filter
- If you do not want to invest in an Ionizer, then an Ionized Water Filter can be a perfect solution for you.
- It is similar to the other water filters but has an additional pouch containing essential minerals. These minerals include sodium, potassium, magnesium and aluminum.
- When water passes through these, the pH level of the water increases and it becomes alkaline.
- Just by filtering your water, you can get clean alkaline water in the comfort of your home.
Is the DYLN Bottle the best way to get alkaline water?
As we have discussed, alkaline water is a great replacement for regular water since it has multiple benefits, as well as a better, crispy and refreshing taste, which makes you want to drink more. It hydrates your body by dissolving faster into cells and keeps it energized for longer periods of time.
Though alkaline water is easily available in stores, you can DIY and make alkaline water at home at a much lesser cost. You can follow any method discussed above to make alkaline water.
But if you do not wish to make long efforts every day to alkalize your water, or pay large amounts of money to get it, then you can go ahead and buy a DYLN Bottle. It not only alkalizes your water in an all natural way. But it also makes it antioxidant by reducing the ORP to -150 using the VitaBead Diffuser composed mainly of magnesium. Since we all have hectic schedules and various activities to do every day, it can be a bit tough to make alkaline water at home on a daily basis. However, drinking more water is essential for your body and its optimal health, and your busy schedule should not be an excuse for avoiding water.
You should make alkaline water more accessible, and this is exactly where the DYLN Bottle is useful. It is a great accessory that you can carry around with you anywhere you go and have constant access to alkaline antioxidant water. It even comes in various colors and soon different sizes (wink, wink) that make it even more exciting to carry around and get alkaline antioxidant water anytime without making any time consuming, money wasting and waste producing efforts.